Verified by ehemp
We know our customers only want the best CBD products to use in and on their bodies. However, not all hemp and CBD products are created equal.
Long before this amazing crop was officially legalized in America, the team behind ehemp has been pioneering the hemp movement. We've traveled the world sourcing the highest-quality, most-trusted hemp varieties, we were amongst the first to sow those seeds in American soil, we’ve toiled long days in the field with this crop, and partnered with industry movers and shakers to help bring hemp to the mainstream.
Over the last few years, we saw a lot of bad actors enter the CBD industry to hop on a billion dollar bandwagon. And we didn’t feel that it should be the responsibility of shoppers like you to navigate these products at the whim of companies who don’t have your safety and trust at the forefront of their business. Our passion and experience for the hemp industry was a driving force behind creating ehemp, a place where you can shop the highest-quality and most-trusted CBD products.
A boring (but very important) note on the regulatory status of hemp in the U.S.
In 2014, for the first time in nearly sixty years, the U.S. government formally recognized hemp and marijuana as different members of the cannabis plant family. This legal distinction removed hemp from the Controlled Substances List and provided a legal pathway for growers to cultivate hemp.
Between 2014 and 2018, hemp was grown through research research university programs and with the cooperation of State Department of Agriculture's around the country. Kentucky and Colorado were two of the leading states that pioneered.
In December 2018, the Farm Bill officially legalized commercial cultivation in the United States and tasked federal agencies with creating a regulatory framework for the future of hemp in America. In October 2019, the U.S. Department of Agriculture released its initial guidelines for the growing of hemp.
As of today, the Food and Drug Administration has yet to establish its regulations. These forthcoming regulations will create standards for products containing hemp-derived extracts, including cannabidiol (CBD).
What this means is that companies that manufacture CBD products don’t have federal standards they must abide by. Bad industry actors are taking advantage of this grey area, while other CBD companies are going to great lengths to ensure the safety, reliability, and effectiveness of their products. We don’t allow everyone with a hemp product to sell on ehemp and are committed to sourcing the highest quality brands for you. We demand transparency from our partners and have them complete a detailed vetting application before we consider bringing their products to you. Here are some of the important steps we take to make sure the hemp-derived products we sell are of the highest standards:
- We only sell CBD products from brands that source hemp from American farmers and fully understand their supply chain. This helps ensure that all products contain legal, Farm Bill-compliant hemp. Hemp grown in another country may contain more than the federally allowed 0.3 percent THC. Additionally, this means that every time you purchase a CBD product on ehemp, you are supporting the backbone of American agriculture, our farms and growers. We regularly check in with our partners to stay up-to-date with their supply chains.
- Every CBD product on ehemp is tested by a lab that is unaffiliated with the company that made the product. This document is called a CoA (Certificate of Analysis). Because CBD products are ingested or applied topically, it is crucially important that the results of this lab test are made available. A CoA ensures that every CBD product on ehemp contains below the federally-approved threshold of 0.3 percent THC. These lab results can be found on every CBD product page on ehemp.
- To bring you an even further level of assurance, we spot check products with independent lab tests through an ISO credited lab.,. These audits further validates the CBD products we sell meet our content and safety standards. Learn more on our CoA blog post here.
- How something is made, is just as important as what is used to make it. As is true for all other food, beverage, and cosmetic products sold in America, products on ehemp are manufactured in facilities that follow current Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP). These guidelines ensure that the products on ehemp are made in safe, clean, and licensed manufacturing facilities.
- We also explore the business practices of these companies to ensure they are in this for the right reasons and not simply to take your money and run.
- CBD is an ingredient as is CBG and CBN. It’s also important to know the ingredients in the products sold on ehemp are non-GMO, paraben free and dye free and are never tested on animals.
- Because of the grey area around CBD regulations, sometimes brands get carried away with the claims they make about their products. While there is an abundance of anecdotal evidence and preliminary research supporting the benefits of CBD, we don’t believe in treating it as a cure-all. We strive to go above and beyond in accurately representing the products we sell and we believe transparency is the key to doing this. This includes telling a product’s story, including how a company extracts the CBD or other cannabinoids that is used to make their products.
- We want our products to enhance your life, but not to give you false expectations.
- We use and believe in the products we carry. Our team tries every product on ehemp. We’d never sell a product on ehemp, we wouldn't use ourselves.
In the near future, the Food and Drug Administration will create guidelines for CBD product safety and efficacy. We put passion into our partner vetting process because we care about this industry and we care about our shoppers. In the absence of these federal guidelines, we have attempted to create high standards that we believe will be similar to what the FDA will enforce in the years to come.
We are in the business of safety and transparency and reserve the ability to remove products and brands from our website if they violate any of these standards.
We want you to help us improve, and we are open to all feedback. As hemp users and potential hemp users, we are all part of a family and we value your feedback. We are available for contact at [email protected]
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. CBD products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please do not use CBD if you are pregnant or nursing. If you are on other medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before using CBD.